Blog Post #6

Artists build and improve their art making skills:

I learned how to properly construct a face and make it look like an actual person. I learned how to add hair onto the head and give it texture. I improved my modeling skills by securely connecting the head to the neck and the two pinch pots together to make the head. I also improved on making proportional features like the nose and eyebrows for the face.

Artists take risks:

I was uncertain about creating the eyes and I worked through this by looking at other peoples eyes and how they did it. Additionally I was uncertain about the mouth because it kept sticking out too far but I ended up just pressing it in a little. A new observation that I built was that it can be very difficult to build a face. Trying to get all the aspects to come together can be a challenge when being a novice. Another observation that I built was that using lines across the face can be very helpful and guiding.

3 Comments

1. olivia5sc19

I like all the pictures you added. What was the easiest thing about this project to do? maybe next time show the process of how you made your project with pictures from the start to finish.